Have you ever woken up from a dream that seemed so vividly real? You are left wondering what it all means. Our dreams can be an insight into what is going on in our subconscious.
The definition of the word dream
The Merriam-Webster dictionary has a list of 4 different definitions for the word dream:
- a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep
- had a dream about climbing a mountain
an experience of waking life having the characteristics of a dream: such asb : a state of mind marked by abstraction or release from reality : reverie
c : an object seen in a dreamlike state : vision
- walking around in a dream
- a man that was her dream come true
- something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality
- the new car is a dream to operate
a strongly desired goal or purpose
b : something that fully satisfies a wish : ideal
- a dream of becoming president
- a meal that was a gourmet’s dream
What do our dreams mean?
If one can remember their dream or dreams they had the night before, interpreting them might be a good exercise to get in touch with their true self. The following are some examples of dream interpretations from howtolucid.com .
- Water related dreams can mean you feel overwhelmed or unsupported by your loved ones.
- Getting chased almost always means you’re just feeling in danger or under pressure. You might need to look at what’s stressing you out most in life.
- Demons and monsters tend to mean you’re looking to change aspects of yourself. If you keep seeing YOURSELF as a demon, you need to think about what you don’t like about yourself, and change it!
- Falling is a dream symbol that means you’re thinking about letting go of something you’ve been holding onto for a while now. It could also mean that no matter how hard you’ve tried at something, you keep failing at it and you need to let it go.
Getting in touch with our true selves
If you are interested in interpreting your dreams to become more self aware, keep a notebook and pen next to your bed. Upon waking right down what you remember about your dream or dreams from the night before. There are many websites that can help you interpret what you remember. There are also a number of dream dictionaries and there are dream apps. Good luck with your interpretations and I wish you all sweet dreams.